Unable to log into laptop after changing password.
Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.
We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.
- Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
- Are both the email addresses linked?
- Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
- What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
- Does your desktop has two user profiles?
In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.
You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.
We await your response.