Fujifilm has launched new firmware updates for the, and cameras providing higher symbol high quality, autofocus efficiency (together with higher face and eye detection), new movie simulations, higher bracketing and extra. The GFX100 additionally positive aspects the facility to shoot 12-Bit ProRes RAW video externally to the .
The new firmware is very important, and Fuji says that that is the largest firmware replace they’ve launched for the GFX machine. From the appearance of the listing of adjustments, it indubitably turns out adore it. For many, they’ll really feel like completely new cameras – particularly relating to their autofocus features.
FUJIFILM North America Corporation introduced nowadays the supply of its highly-anticipated firmware replace for the GFX System. This firmware replace supplies important further features to every GFX System virtual digicam for pictures, in addition to substantial new features for video shooters, together with 4K RAW video enhance for the FUJIFILM GFX100.
For Video: Firmware Update Supports GFX 100 4K 16:9 RAW video output by the use of HDMI
This new firmware replace will quickly permit the FUJIFILM GFX100 to output 4K RAW video as much as 29.97p by the use of HDMI, which will then be recorded to an Atomos Ninja V 5” HDR track recorder and encoded into 12-bit Apple ProRes RAW for compatibility with quite a lot of grading and modifying instrument.
The a hit collaboration between Fujifilm and Atomos will make the GFX100 and Ninja V aggregate to grow to be one of the one Large Format digicam programs of its type to document 4K RAW pictures. GFX100’s 100MP 4:3 ratio Large Format CMOS sensor is 44mm x 33mm in dimension (∅54.78mm) and will document 4K video at as much as 29.97p within the following symbol resolutions:
- UHD 4K 16:9 (43.6mm x 24.6mm, ∅ 50.06mm)
- DCI 4K 17:9 (43.6mm x 23.1mm, ∅ 49.37mm)
Both resolutions will be capable of be recorded at bit charges of 100Mbps, 200Mbps, or 400Mbps. Currently, simplest UHD 4K 16:9 output will enhance RAW output.
Simultaneous recording of RAW by the use of HDMI, whilst recording Film Simulation / F-Log / Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) internally to a reminiscence card could also be to be had because of this firmware replace.
Fujifilm says that you are going to be capable of document RAW by the use of HDMI to the Atomos Ninja externally whilst nonetheless with the ability to document to an interior reminiscence card concurrently. Of direction, you’ll’t do that simply but, as exterior ProRes RAW recording calls for Atomos to liberate a firmware replace for the Ninja V, which is predicted to come back in the future throughout July.
As for the remainder of the adjustments, those are commonplace to all cameras.
For Photo: GFX System Firmware expands the features of in-camera symbol processing
- The Film Simulation serve as, which provides various colour and tonal reproductions very similar to the ones present in conventional movie, can be expanded by way of the brand new firmware replace for all GFX System virtual cameras – GFX 50S, GFX 50R, and GFX 100. The new firmware will upload the “CLASSIC Neg” mode, simulating colour destructive movie historically selected for snapshots, to all three fashions. “ETERNA Bleach Bypass” mode, which simulates the movie processing methodology of the similar title, can be added to the GFX100.The “ETERNA” mode, which replicates the colours and tonality of Fujifilm’s movement image movie, can be added to the GFX 50S and GFX 50R.
- The “Smooth Skin Effect,”will now even be to be had at the GFX 50S and GFX 50R, smoothing the illusion of human pores and skin; an excellent characteristic for portraiture.
- The “Color Chrome Blue” characteristic, which provides intensity to paint and tonal copy in blue skies and different basically blue topics, can be added to the GFX 100.
GFX System Firmware complements autofocus efficiency
- The new firmware will permit the GFX 100 to ship even sooner, extremely correct section detection autofocus (AF) in low-light prerequisites, all the way down to -5EV. The firmware can even give the Low Light Priority AF-S mode to the GFX 50S and GFX 50R, to make stronger AF accuracy of the ones cameras in low mild.
- The firmware will make stronger Face / Eye AF efficiency for all three GFX System virtual cameras.
- In addition, the Auto mode can be added to center of attention bracketing throughout all three GFX System virtual cameras. Users can specify the beginning and finishing issues, and taking pictures period, and the digicam will robotically resolve the collection of frames and steps required.
Firmware broadens and expands upon more than a few different purposes – in response to buyer comments!
- In all three GFX System virtual cameras, the firmware will permit customers to regulate publicity settings (shutter velocity, aperture worth, ISO sensitivity, publicity repayment) for nonetheless pictures from a pc when the use of instrument that helps sure tether-shooting purposes.
- In all three GFX System virtual cameras, the firmware revises the in-camera score machine to be readable by way of much more photo-editing programs.
- For every of the GFX 50S and GFX 50R, with the firmware replace, the utmost collection of footage that may be stored in every folder on an SD card will building up from 999 to 9,999.
- Firmware permits far off keep watch over capability from gimbal / drone by the use of USB communications
- With this firmware replace, combining the GFX 100 with a suitable gimbal / drone that helps far off keep watch over capability will permit customers to start out / prevent video recording, specify publicity settings for video (shutter velocity, aperture worth, ISO sensitivity and publicity repayment), and make handbook center of attention changes.
The new firmware updates for the Fujifilm, and are to be had to download now. The replace for the to permit ProRes RAW recording from the GFX 100 is predicted in July.