Shows have turn into an important instrument for conversation and sharing data in faculties and workplaces international. Microsoft PowerPoint permits you to create visually interesting shows that come with quite a lot of multimedia parts, comparable to video and audio.
On the other hand, you could come across “can’t play media” mistakes in PowerPoint, inflicting video playback problems and fighting the graceful supply of your presentation. If you wish to unravel this downside, observe the stairs under.
What Reasons the “Can not Play Media” Error in PowerPoint?
The “can’t play media” error in PowerPoint (or “media no longer discovered” error) normally happens when PowerPoint can’t in finding or play the media record that you simply’ve inserted on your presentation.
This may occur for a number of causes. The record could be lacking, moved, renamed, or deleted from its authentic location, or it will have turn into corrupted or broken come what may. You must even have connected to an exterior supply (comparable to a site) that’s not available.
On the other hand, no longer each record is suitable with PowerPoint. Recordsdata that don’t have the proper record layout, or are too massive for PowerPoint to make use of, received’t load.
Relying on the reason for the mistake, you may even see other messages to your display, comparable to no supported record sort, an audio codec is had to play the record, a community error has came about, or the required record can’t be performed.
To mend this mistake, you wish to have to spot the purpose and practice the correct resolution the usage of the stairs under.
Take a look at the Location and Identify of the Media Document
Probably the most most straightforward answers is to test if the media record that you simply inserted on your presentation continues to be in its authentic location and has the similar title. For those who moved, renamed, or deleted the media record after putting it in PowerPoint, PowerPoint won’t be capable to in finding it and can display you the mistake message.
On the other hand, this all depends upon how the PowerPoint record has been stored. Via default, PowerPoint will most probably attempt to embed media information into the PowerPoint record itself—this makes it more uncomplicated to transport media belongings with the record. On the other hand, when you’ve simplest added a hyperlink to the record, you’ll want to replace the hyperlink to the record to the brand new location.
If you wish to replace the hyperlink, observe those steps:
- Open PowerPoint and press Document > Information.
- If in case you have any media information with hyperlinks (in order that they aren’t embedded into the record itself), you’ll see a View Hyperlinks possibility indexed below Optimize Media Compatibility—make a selection this to continue.
- Within the Audio/Video Choices conversation field, make a selection your media record and press Exchange Supply.
- Browse to the brand new location and title of the record and press Open.
- Press Replace Now after which Shut to replace your hyperlinks while you’re completed.
Use PowerPoint Media Compatibility Mode
Any other imaginable approach to repair the “can’t play media” error in PowerPoint is to make use of the media compatibility mode in PowerPoint.
This mode permits you to optimize your presentation for compatibility with older variations of PowerPoint or other units. It might additionally allow you to unravel some problems with video playback and conversion. To make use of the media compatibility mode in PowerPoint, observe the stairs under.
- Open PowerPoint and press Document > Information.
- Press Take a look at for Problems below the Check out Presentation segment.
- Within the drop-down menu, press Take a look at Compatibility and look forward to PowerPoint to scan your presentation for possible compatibility problems.
- Within the Compatibility File conversation field, search for any problems associated with media information and take a look at the packing containers subsequent to them.
- Repair the issues manually or, if the choice is to be had to you, press Repair and look forward to PowerPoint to mend the problems routinely.
- Save your presentation and notice if the media information play with none error.
Notice that the usage of the media compatibility mode might trade some sides of your presentation, such because the layout, high quality, or dimension of your media information. Make sure you again up a replica of your record prior to you continue so as to repair any adjustments in a while.
Convert the Media Recordsdata The usage of VLC
Any other imaginable resolution is to transform or compress the media record that you simply inserted on your presentation. PowerPoint won’t be capable to play sure kinds of media information or play information which might be too massive or have a top answer. This may purpose compatibility problems and result in the mistake message.
To mend this, you wish to have to both convert the media record to a layout this is supported by way of PowerPoint or compress it to cut back its dimension and determination. One imaginable instrument that permits you to convert and compress a media record is VLC Media Participant.
To transform a media record the usage of VLC Media Participant, observe those steps:
- Obtain and set up VLC Media Participant from its legit site.
- Open VLC Media Participant and press Media > Convert/Save.
- Within the Open Media conversation field, press Upload and make a selection the media record that you need to transform, then press Convert/Save.
- Make a selection the output layout that you need—this may decide the record dimension. For instance, you’ll make a selection Video – H.264 + MP3 (MP4) for video information or Audio – MP3 for audio information. You’ll additionally make a selection video or audio codecs comparable to MKV, WAV or MP4.
- Make a choice Browse and make a selection the vacation spot folder and title for the transformed record.
- Press Get started and look forward to the conversion to complete.
As soon as the record is transformed, you’ll insert the brand new record into your PowerPoint presentation.
Embed the Media Document in Your Presentation
Any other imaginable resolution is to embed the media record on your PowerPoint presentation as a substitute of linking to it. As we’ve already discussed, linking to a media record signifies that PowerPoint will search for the record in its authentic location each time you play it.
Embedding a media record signifies that PowerPoint will as a substitute retailer a replica of the record inside your presentation record. This may save you the “can’t play media” error from going on as a result of PowerPoint will all the time have get right of entry to to the record without reference to its location or availability.
On the other hand, embedding a media record too can building up the dimensions of your presentation record considerably, so you wish to have to watch out about what number of and the way massive media information you embed. To embed a media record on your PowerPoint presentation, observe those steps.
- In PowerPoint, pass to the slide the place you need to insert the media record and make a selection Insert > Media > Video > This Tool.
- Browse to the positioning of the media record and make a selection it.
- Press the Insert button—this may routinely embed it into your presentation. If this isn’t to be had, press the dropdown arrow subsequent on your presentation and make a selection Insert there as a substitute.
As soon as the record is inserted, resize and position it into the proper place on your presentation. Repeat those steps for every other video information you need to make use of on your presentation.
Managing Media in PowerPoint
The “can’t play media” error in PowerPoint may also be aggravating and irritating, however it could normally be fastened. You’ll simply want to take a look at the positioning and title of the media record, convert or compress it, or embed it on your presentation. You’ll additionally check out the usage of PowerPoint’s multimedia compatibility mode to assist it load on different PCs.
If all else fails, you’ll additionally convert your PowerPoint presentation right into a video and play it on some other software. Misplaced the adjustments on your PowerPoint presentation after a restart? Don’t fail to remember to get well your unsaved shows to get well the adjustments.