You can make a live wallpaper from a video by using a third-party Android app. Simply download one from the. iPhone users are out of luck, though. Apple has removed live wallpapers with iOS 16.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
Editor’s note: Steps in this guide were put together using a Google Pixel 7 Pro running Android 13 and an iPhone 12 Mini running 16.1.1. Some steps may differ, depending on your hardware and software.
How to make a live wallpaper on Android
Android has no native way to turn a video into a live wallpaper. You’ll have to find a third-party app on the Google Play Store to take care of the job. There are plenty on the Play Store. Perform a simple search and you’ll be bombarded with options. You can pick whichever you want, but we happen to like Video Live Wallpaper Maker. It’s mighty expensive if you pay to use its premium features, at $19.99 a month. That said, the free version lets you easily create live wallpapers from videos. You just have to put up with a bunch of ads whenever you use it, which shouldn’t be too often, anyways.
How to create a live wallpaper using Video Live Wallpaper Maker:
- Go to the Google Play Store and download .
- Launch the app.
- The main page will show you a gallery of the videos on your device. Pick the video you want to use.
- You’ll get a couple of options. You can choose whether to Turn on audio and Scale to fit the screen. Make your choices.
- Once you’re ready, tap on Set as launcher wallpaper.
- Tap on Set wallpaper.
- Select whether you want to set it on your Home screen, or Home screen and lock screen.
How to make a live wallpaper on an iPhone
Warning: Apple removed the live wallpaper feature with iOS 16. So anyone with the latest software is out of luck.
If you’re still rocking an older version of iOS, though, making your own live wallpaper is relatively easy. For starters, those with anything older than iOS 16 can use any Live Photo as a live wallpaper.
Using a Live Photo:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go into Wallpaper.
- Select Choose a New Wallpaper.
- Hit Live Photos.
- Pick a photo and make sure.
- Select Set.
- Pick between Set Lock Screen, Set Home Screen, or Set Both.
- You’re done!
You can also find a third-party app that allows you to turn videos into wallpapers. The Apple App Store is full of them, but we like intoLive. Again, it’s quite a pricey app if you subscribe, but you can use it for free and keep most features.
How to use intoLive:
- Go to the Apple App Store and download . Then launch it.
- Select New Project.
- Find the content you want to use.
- Tap on Add.
- You can now make all kinds of edits. These include cropping, cutting, adding more content, making exposure and color changes, and more.
- When you’re done editing, tap on the Share button in the top-right corner.
- Under File Type, select Live Photo.
- Pick your Resolution and FPS preferences.
- Hit Save to Photos.
- Follow the steps to use a Live Photo. These are listed above.
You can’t simply set a video as a live wallpaper. However, you can use a third-party app to convert any video into a live wallpaper.
Otherwisae known as Dynamic Wallpapers, live wallpapers on iPhones were killed with iOS 16. If you have a phone running an older version of iOS, it can still use live wallpapers.
No. Apple has removed live wallpapers, regardless of where they come from.
Yes. You’ll need to do a bit of tinkering to create your own live wallpapers, but Android still supports them.