This weblog put up describes easy methods to get ready, construct, and run Android apps in AWS Device Farm.
The article is meant for cell engineers and QEs, and gives the documentation of the answer that are meant to make our lifestyles more straightforward if there’s a wish to reflect it one day.
We have an app that measures the efficiency of scheduled duties on quite a lot of cell units. We want as a way to run our app on as many bodily units as imaginable and at any time. The app wishes as a way to login to our machine and have interaction with it.
Due to the requirement for bodily units, we sought a platform with a just right number of bodily units and a solution to run the app. Fortunately, the hunt was once easy. Many identical services and products exist, akin to AWS Device Farm, Google Firebase Labs, Azure DevLabs, Sauce Labs, and extra. Another possibility was once to construct our cell farm, however that might avert our consideration from our number one function.is a provider offering controlled get entry to to many bodily cell units and internet browsers for trying out. The very important phase for us is that there is not any wish to deal with the ones units or browsers. It is simple to make use of, it has units that we want, and we’re already the usage of different services and products in AWS; subsequently, AWS Device Farm was once our ultimate selection.
Another problem of ours was once figuring out easy methods to move credentials to cell units which are operating within the cloud. Simple answers like the usage of surroundings variables in a Docker container aren’t acceptable as cell units can’t run Docker bins. Furthermore, we needed to keep away from compiling the credentials without delay into the app. Thus we looked for an answer easy methods to move values from the command line when beginning the take a look at.
The following paragraphs describe the stairs had to construct a easy iOS XCTest UI. Feel unfastened to skip this phase if you have already got your take a look at that you just wish to run. The AWS Device Farm does now not give a boost to release arguments; thus, our greatest problem with the iOS UI take a look at was once passing values to check from the command line with out recompiling the take a look at.
New UI Test advent
- In XCode transfer to “Test Navigator”
2. Click at the “+” button on the backside left and choose “New UI Test goal”.
3. Give your take a look at goal any call. The same old conference is
Setup for passing values from the command line
- Create a TextField/TextView within the StoryBoard/SwiftUI. The newly created view should be visual and focusable to be visual for the XCUI take a look at.
- Add accessibility identifiers to new fields.
- Go to app scheme environment > Test > Arguments > Environment variables > Add new variable with default worth
An instance of XCTest UI makes use of surroundings variables and passes the values from the command line to the operating app.
This step assumes that you’ve operating signing in your application. There is a wish to supply an application IPA document and checks the IPA document. I can display easy methods to create the IPA information by the use of UI and in addition the command line.
Classic UI taste
- In Xcode choose goal software ‘Generic iOS Device’
- Then click on Product -> Archive
- Wait for the construct to complete, choose the archive and click on on “Distribute App”. The subsequent steps are visual within the pictures underneath.