Google Meet is mechanically adjusting my microphone quantity in Windows 10. I’d adore it to prevent.
I take advantage of Google Meet for paintings. There’s no getting round this, as my corporate makes use of it for each and every assembly. However, I’ve had problems the place my microphone quantity will move silent or top at 100 reputedly randomly all through
conferences. I went to test my settings in Windows and certain sufficient the microphone’s quantity slider used to be at 0 or 100. Out of interest, I left the Microphone Properties window open all through a Google Meet assembly and I may just see the quantity slider transfer as
- There is not any surroundings on Google Meet to disable computerized acquire.
- I’ve unchecked “Allow packages to take unique keep watch over of this tool” beneath the Advanced tab in Windows.
- I’ve up to date my microphone’s drivers.
- I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the microphone within the Device Manager.
- I used my Logitech webcam’s microphone to look if I had the similar factor there (I did).
- I used Google Meet in Opera, Firefox, and Edge to look if it used to be a Google Chrome factor (it’s not; the problem took place on each and every browser, for each mics).
- I put in a script the use of nircmd to set the microphone quantity to 50 each and every 2d, which is a band-aid repair for the slider shifting round, however…
Now I’ve problems the place my microphone quantity will drop to an overly low quantity, and turning the quantity slider to 100 does not repair it. In truth, not anything resets it with the exception of doing a machine repair. But a machine repair does not save you those problems from going down once more.
I’m guessing adjusting the quantity slider on the similar time Google Meet adjusts the quantity reasons a subject, however that is only a wager.
I in reality want assist. I’m caught the use of Google Meet, and I’d wish to proceed the use of this Windows 10 device because it makes lifestyles more straightforward (minus this explicit factor). Does any person have any recommendation or tips?
Here are some normal specifications:
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
- 32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
- Micro-Star International Co. Ltd X370 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7A32) (AM4)
- 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (MSI)
- Microphone (Scarlett Solo USB)
- Device Name: USB Audio 2.0
- Vendor: Risq Modular Systems
- Comment: Scarlett Solo USB
- Location: USB Composite Device
- Driver: Date 6-20-2020, Version 10.0.18362.207
- Physical Microphone: Audio Technica AT2035