Nissan Global has started phasing out the Juke series in some markets as their new crossover Nissan Kicks makes a better option. And in Thailand, the Nissan Kicks 2021 with an e-hybrid gasoline-electric engine has been launched.
The upcoming Nissan Kicks 2021 may replace the Juke in the Philippines too with the engine option of 1.0-liter turbo or a 1.5-liter 4-cylinder. The mediocre sales of the Juke are proof that Nissan is willing to replace it with a new crossover.
Aside from the bigger V-motion grille, the Nissan Kicks features updated interior and infotainment system as well as improved safety features.
The Nissan Kicks will go head-to-head against the Honda HR-V, Toyota CH-R, and the likes of Hyundai Kona. The estimated pricing starts at P1-million pesos all the way to P1.2-million pesos, which is a little higher compared to the Juke.
Meanwhile, the release date and official SRP for the hybrid (if they will bring it to our local market) will be announced once Nissan PH made the Kicks official.
2021 Nissan Kicks specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Body type: 5-door compact SUV, 5-seater
- Engine: 1.0L turbo or 1.5-liter / 1.2-liter hybrid electric
- Power: 105 to 129 Horsepower
- Torque: 140 Nm to 260 Nm
- Transmission: 5-speed manual or CVT automatic
- Fuel efficiency: est. maximum 18km/l highway up to 23km/l for hybrid
- Ground clearance: 180mm
- Safety: Driver and front passenger dual SRS airbags, ABS or Anti-lock Brake System, Parking sensors and camera, ISOFIX
- Features: Touchscreen infotainment system
- Price: P1M to P1.2M estimated pricing
- Release date: estimated Q1 to Q2 2021 in the Philippines