Oppo’s sister brand OnePlus is doing good with the Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 rollout. The company has already released the new software for the eligible number series phones as well as for select Nord phones. And now the company starts rolling out the stable OxygenOS 13 update to yet another Nord phone. OnePlus Nord 2T is the latest model to receive a stable Android 13 update.
The update will be first available to users who participated in the open beta program, which was announced last month. For testers, the incremental stable build weighs only 397MB in size, so you can easily download it on your phone. Obviously, it will also be released to other users in the coming days. OnePlus officially shared the rollout details on its community forum. Thethat the new build is rolling with the CPH2401_11.C.23 firmware version.
OxygenOS 13 is a major upgrade for the Nord 2T, it bags a bunch of new features including the new Aquamorphic design elements to the OS, a new world clock widget for the home screen, a Quantum Animation Engine 4.0 upgrade, the ability to create large folders on home screen, media playback control optimization to the Quick Settings, new markup tools for screenshot editing, sidebar toolbox for managing floating window apps, a number of optimizations for Always-On display, HyperBoost GPA 4.0 for better gaming performance, and more.
Here’s the complete changelog shared by OnePlus.
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Seamless Interaction
- Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- Security & Privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- Health & Digital Wellbeing
- Adds distance-from-phone, ambient light, and sitting posture reminders in Kid Space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Performance optimization
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Gaming experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
- Integrates the December 2022 Android security patch to enhance system security.
- Improves system stability.
- Improves the stability of mobile network connections.
If you own OnePlus Nord 2T and running on open beta build then you can navigate to the Software upgrades settings and check if there’s a new update available or not. In case the update is not available yet, you can wait for a few days. OnePlus usually releases major upgrades in a staged manner.
If you are in a hurry, then you can upgrade your phone manually using the OnePlus updater app, then sideload it using the local upgrade method. Before upgrading make sure to take a backup of important data. Also, make sure to charge your smartphone to at least 30%.
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.