Pixel swipe up to home screen via gesture pill not working: We all know how frustrating it can be when your phone isn’t working properly. For those of us who own a Pixel device, one common issue is the swipe up to home screen gesture pill not working properly.
This problem can be especially annoying and inconvenient if you are relying on the gesture pill as your main navigation tool. But fear not – there are a few things you can try to get this feature back up and running. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the causes behind this issue and provide several tips to help resolve it so you can keep using your gesture pill with ease.
Pixel swipe up to home screen via gesture pill not working
If you’re using a Pixel phone, you may have noticed that the swipe up to home screen via gesture pill doesn’t seem to be working. This is a known issue that Google is currently working on fixing. In the meantime, there are a few workaround options that you can try.
First, make sure that you’re running the latest version of Android. If you’re not, try updating your phone and see if that fixes the issue.
If that doesn’t work, try restarting your phone. Sometimes a simple restart can fix problems like this.
If neither of those solutions works, you can try enabling the Developer options on your phone and then disable the “Force dark mode” setting. This has been known to fix the problem for some people.
Finally, if none of those solutions work for you, you can always try contacting Google support for help.
Report this Bug to Google
If you’re experiencing an issue with the gesture pill on your Pixel device, you can report it to Google so they can investigate and hopefully fix the problem. Here’s how:
1. Go to the
2. Sign in with your Google account.
3. Click on the “Create Issue” button.
4. Fill out the form, being as specific as possible about the bug you’re experiencing with the gesture pill. Include any relevant screenshots or videos if possible.
5. Click “Submit” and wait for a response from Google.
Symptoms of the problem
There are a few different symptoms of this problem. For one, the pixel may not respond to the swipe up gesture at all. Additionally, the home screen may take a long time to load after the gesture is made, or the phone may lag when trying to perform the gesture.
Possible causes of the problem
There are a few possible causes for this problem:
-The gesture pill is not enabled in the Settings app.
-The latest update to the Android operating system may have disabled the gesture pill.
-There may be a problem with the hardware of the device itself, preventing the gesture pill from working properly.
How to fix the problem
If the swipe up to home screen gesture pill is not working on your device, there are a few things you can try in order to fix the problem:
1. Restart your device – This is often the simplest and most effective solution to many problems with electronic devices.
2. Check for updates – Make sure that you have the latest software update installed on your device. Sometimes, bugs and glitches can be fixed with a simple update.
3. Clear your cache – If the problem persists, try clearing your system cache. This will reset any temporary files that may be causing the issue.
4. Contact customer support – If you’ve tried all of the above and the problem still persists, reach out to the customer support of your device’s manufacturer for further assistance.
Other ways to access the home screen
If you’re using a Pixel phone, you may have noticed that the home screen gesture pill doesn’t work when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen. This is because the latest version of Android has changed the way this gesture works.
Now, when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen, you’ll see the Overview interface instead of your home screen. To get to your home screen, you can either tap on the home button or swipe right from the left edge of the screen.
If you’re used to swiping up to access your home screen, this change can be a bit confusing. But don’t worry – there’s an easy workaround. Just add a shortcut to your home screen on one of your Overview screens. Then, when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen, you’ll see your home screen shortcut and can tap on it to go directly to your home screen.
To add a home screen shortcut:
1. Open the Overview interface by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
2. Find an empty space on one of your Overview screens and long-press on it.
3. In the menu that appears, tap on “Home”.
4. You should now see a shortcut to your home screen on one of your Overview screens!
In conclusion, if the Pixel swipe up to home screen via gesture pill is not working properly, it may be caused by a bug or an issue with your device. There are ways that you can troubleshoot and fix the problem, such as restarting your phone or resetting its settings. Once you have completed these steps, you should be able to use the feature without any issues. If none of these solutions work, then it might be best to take your phone into a store for further assistance.