Eric Zeman / iandroid.eu
- A survey was conducted to find out the charging habits of Americans.
- The survey had a sample size of 1,000 participants.
- The findings were based on respondents who had bought a phone within the last 12 months.
Have you ever wondered what your phone charging habits are like compared to everyone else? Well, a recent survey from The NPD Group has given us a little insight into how Americans charge their phone.
In a proprietary consumer study conducted for OnePlus, The NPD Group has revealed some interesting details about how Americans charge their phones. According to the report provided to iandroid.eu, The NPD Group found that:
- 69% of respondents said that they charge their smartphones at least twice a day.
- 64% of respondents reported charging their phones overnight.
- 93% of respondents said they charge their phones at home. Additionally, 45% charge their phone while in the car or on public transit, 32% while at work, 15% while out doing activities (hiking, shopping, attending a concert, going to a restaurant, etc.), 14% while at school, and 8% during flights and air travel.
- 88% of respondents reported using a wired charger. In addition, 46% said they use car chargers, 28% use wireless chargers, and 19% reported regularly using a power bank.
- 64% of respondents claim to leave their phone plugged in to charge for at least 40 minutes.
- 63% of respondents said they are concerned about their battery dying when they are “out and about” without a place to plug in.
- 97% of Americans report being at least a little interested in a phone that will charge in less than 20 minutes.
About 75% of the respondents also reportedly said that a wall charger and charging cable should be included in the box along with the phone.
If you’re wondering how these results were obtained, The NPD Group says the survey was conducted between September 13th-20th, 2022. The people chosen for the study had to have a $600 or more smartphone and have purchased it in the last 12 months.
While these results may not mirror how you charge your phone, it’s still interesting to see what the charging habits for some are like. Let us know how you deal with charging in the comments below.