Microsoft has just released a new Windows 11 Insider Preview build to the dev channel with multiple changes. The latest insider preview update is labeled with the 25276 build number. Microsoft rolls out the new incremental update with an option to create live kernel memory dumps in Task Manager, improvements to the Settings account page, confirms previews of Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Devices, and more.
The newest incremental software is seeding to the dev channel with Windows 11 Insider Preview 25276 (ni_release) build number. If you have opted for the developer channel in the Windows Insider Preview Program, then you may have already received the new update on your system, if not, then you can check the System updates and update your PC to the new build. Now let’s take a look at the changes available in the new build.
Microsoft kicks off the Windows 11 build 25276 with Create live kernel memory dumps in Task Manager which aids the collection of live kernel memory dumps (LKDs). This is in addition to the existing “Memory dump” for user mode processes. You can also edit or change the live kernel memory dump settings on the Task Manager Settings page.
Apart from this, the update brings visual changes to the account page in Settings it shows the storage quota bar showing the space alert.
The next change that comes with the incremental upgrade is a new design for Windows’s “compatibility dialog” feature.
The update also brings a recently tested search box design for the Start Menu, Yes, I am talking about the more rounded search box design. Other than that, Microsoft confirms the new previews for, , and apps, at the time of writing, the previews are limited to the US.
Now let’s take a look at the list of fixes available in the latest preview build.
- Taskbar & System Tray
- Fixed an issue where switching windows through taskbar previews wasn’t working.
- Fixed multiple explorer.exe crashes affecting the system tray.
- When opening a flyout from the taskbar, pressing the Esc key to close the flyout should now return keyboard focus to the button it was invoked from.
- Search on the Taskbar
- We fixed the layout issues with the text in the search box on taskbar when using right-to-left display languages like Arabic.
- Fixed an issue where the selected search style in Taskbar Settings wasn’t persisting across updates. This setting should persist now on subsequent Insider Preview build upgrades.
- File Explorer
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash which could happen when opening File Explorer, related to loading your recent files.
- Voice Access
- Voice access will now work correctly for entering numbers in the Calculator app.
- Fixed a crash when giving move left and right commands with voice access.
- Fixed an issue where the “insert text” button wasn’t working when using the Pinyin IME in double pinyin mode.
- Fixed an issue where the widgets board will get stuck open in an invisible state for Insiders in China (and potentially others), causing clicks on the left side of the screen to not work. If you’re continuing to experience this, please make sure to check the Microsoft Store for the latest app updates.
- To improve clarity, when Windows Defender Credential Guard is enabled, when attempting to use remote desktop with default credentials, it will now explicitly say “Windows Defender Credential Guard does not allow using Windows logon credentials. Please enter your credentials”.
If you’ve joined the beta channel on Insider Preview Program and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the beta preview build. You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.