Minecraft is a very popular sandbox game that lets you do anything and everything you want in the game. From farming animals, attacking enemies, building different things, and exploring new worlds, you can do it all. Now, the game lets you play with your friends only on any platform – PC, Mobile, or Gaming Console. However, if you like to enhance your Minecraft experience, you might want to try playing the game on your VR headset. Yes, today we will discuss how you can install and play Minecraft on your Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset.
Given that Minecraft is a very popular video game. Now, if you’re someone who has the brand new Oculus Quest 2 headset from Meta, you might be wondering how you could play this lovely game in VR. If that is your question, we have the answer to it.
Can I Play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2?
Yes, there the famous sandbox game – Minecraft is available for the Meta Oculus Quest 2 VR headset. Minecraft allows VR cross-play, yes, you can play the same game with non-VR players as well. There are two different ways to play Minecraft game on Oculus Quest 2 VR, so, let’s take a look at the steps on how you can play Minecraft on your Meta Quest 2.
How to Play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2
Questcraft through Sidequest and Minecraft Java Edition VR are the two different methods you can use to play Minecraft on your Oculus Quest 2. Now let’s take a look at the steps on installing
Method 1: Play Questcraft via Sidequest
In this method, you will be making use of a third-party program called Sidequest. Sidequest is a program for your PC that lets you sideload various apps and games to your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset. This free-to-use program will help you play Minecraft in VR on your Oculus Quest 2. So now, let’s get started with the instructions on how to play Minecraft on your Oculus Quest 2.
- First off, download the Sidequest program to your Windows PC. You can download it from the official webpage.
- Power up your Oculus Quest 2 headset and ensure it is connected to the internet.
- Launch the Sidequest program and create an organization by signing in with your Facebook or Instagram account. Make sure to verify the account by using the 2-Step factor Authenticator.
- You can give any name to your organization and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now, launch the Meta Quest app on your Android or iOS device.
- Assuming that you have signed into the account. Under the Headset Settings menu, tap on the Developer Mode option.
- Make sure to turn the toggle on.
- Reboot your Oculus Quest 2.
- Connect your Oculus Quest 2 headset to the PC using the USB cable.
- Allow and accept USB debugging messages on your oculus Quest 2.
- Click on Install Sidequest on the Sidequest program for your PC.
- With Sidequest installed on your Quest 2, you need t open up the App Library.
- Make sure to select Sidequest from the Unknown Sources option.
- A code will be displayed on your headset. Enter it on your PC by using the link displayed in your Quest 2.
- Launch Sidequest on your Quest 2 and look for the app called QuestCraft.
- Click on the Sideload button for Questcraft and accept the permissions.
- Once the game has been installed, launch the app and sign in with your Microsoft Account.
- Keep in mind that your Micorosft account should be linked to a copy of Minecraft Bedrock Edition.
- Adjust the Settings in the game such as sound and graphics. You’re now ready to play Minecraft on your Oculus Quest VR headset.
Method 2: Play Minecraft Java Edition On Oculus Quest 2
We just saw how you can install and play the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft on Quest 2. Now, let’s take a look at how you can play the Java Edition of Minecraft on your Oculus Quest 2. Let’s get started.
- Make sure to have Java, Steam, and Steam VR installed on your Windows PC
- Now, launch your favorite web browser and head over to this link.
- You will be downloading Vivecraft for Quest 2 on your Windows PC. Make sure to also download Minecraft Java Edtion onto your Windows PC.
- Install Vivecraft on your Windows PC.
- Once the program has been installed, launch the Meta Quest app on your PC.
- Now, connect your VR headset to the PC using the USB cable.
- Open up Steam VR on your Windows PC.
- Using the virtual desktop on your headset, search for the Minecraft Java Edtion game that you installed on your Windows PC.
- Launch Minecraft Java Edtion. You will now be able to sign in with your Microsoft account and play Minecraft java Edtion on your Oculus Quest 2.
- This is how you can play Minecraft on your Oculus Quest 2.
This includes the guide on how you can install and play two different versions of Minecraft on your Oculus Quest 2. We hope this guide helps you understand how to play the game. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
If you still want to know anything about Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2, then tell us in the comment section.