Intel Provides Core i3 and Core i5 Twin-Core Processors K0 Stepping Replace
Intel is giving some present 32 nm “Clarkdale” based totally Core i3 and Core i5 processors an replace. The processors will transition to the brand new K0 stepping from the present C2 stepping. The portions that might be made at the K0 silicon are Core i3 fashions 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 fashions 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). More recent and upcoming fashions such because the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being constructed at the K0 stepping die. Motherboards would require a BIOS replace to improve the brand new K0 stepping processors.
The K0 stepping trade contains the next highlights:
- New S-spec and MM numbers for the changing merchandise
- Prolonged CPUID will trade from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
- Host RevID will trade from 0x12 to 0x18
- K0 stepping package deal is pin suitable with C2 stepping package deal
- Provides Processor Context ID (PCID) improve
The revised older SKUs which can be constructed on K0 stepping might be market-available through October 16.