I cannot highlight files in Windows 10
Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.
1) Does this issue occur with any specific files in the File explorer?
2) Does this issue occur n any specific drive?
3) Does this issue occur on Files on Desktop?
As a work around, I suggest you to highlight the files of the desktop(if any) and check.
I suggest you to check the issue in Safe Mode and see if it’s working slowly.
To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:
- Restart your PC.
- Press Shift + restart
before the Windows logo appears.
- Click See Advanced Repair Options.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click Windows Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- You then see a list where you can choose
Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).
I also suggest you to run system file checker scan and check the issue.
Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.
Follow the steps:
- Press Windows key + X and select
Command prompt (Admin).
- At the Command Prompt, type:
Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.